Already during the beginning of the year, JHL has received close to 4,500 new employee members. Most of those who have joined work as children’s nurses within early childhood education and care. If you’re not yet a JHL member, join already today!
Great news for you, Member of Trade Union JHL! A record number of new members have joined our union during the beginning of the year.
During the beginning of the year, close to 4,500 paying members have joined our trade union. The pace is historically fast. A lot of people have joined, especially in March. That’s when over twice the number of members joined compared to previous years. Strikes and other industrial actions organised with the aim to speed up the collective agreement negotiations partially explain the eagerness to join.
– Right now, an intense debate is taking place in workplaces and in social media about the right to decent pay and fair terms and conditions of employment. Now, as the situation is tough, people have realised the significance of membership. During this spring of strikes, the trade union has tangibly harnessed the ‘strength in numbers’ principle. Many people join the union to take a stand and to show their support to the negotiators by, say, participating in a strike, JHL’s union activities manager Pertti Paajanen explains.
JHL is the most affordable trade union of the welfare sectors
This spring, Trade Union JHL has been very visible in the media and in members’ workplaces. At the same time, the union’s role in the collective agreement negotiations has become apparent. At negotiation tables, our trade union defends fair terms and conditions of employment and proper pay raises.
This year, JHL is Finland’s best and also most affordable trade union of the welfare sectors. The membership fee is exactly one per cent of your gross income. In addition, also the affordable membership fee attracts people to join JHL. Check how affordable JHL membership will be for you. As a member, you’ll also get comprehensive protection of interests and fabulous benefits!
Trade union attracts especially municipal professionals
At the beginning of 2022, star professionals from many sectors have joined JHL. The most common occupation of those who have joined is children’s nurse within early childhood education and care. There are also plenty of practical nurses, institutional cleaners and teaching assistants among those who have joined.
The majority of those who have joined work in municipal agreement sectors. The second largest number of new members are covered by the health and social services sector agreement and the collective agreement for employers’ association Avaintyönantajat Avainta ry.
You may also be interested in
- The rush continues: 10,000 new JHL members already before mid-year!
- Trade Union JHL has given a service promise to its members: We are easily accessible and make a difference in working life
- 17,000 new members! JHL is facing an avalanche of star professionals
- SAK’s candidate gallery is now open – you can still apply to be included