Voting in Trade Union JHL’s elections ended today at 12 pm. In total, 30.9 per cent of members made their voices heard and participated in the election of the union’s decision-making organ, the Union Council.
Trade Union JHL’s Union Council elections have now ended. Voting turnout among JHL members rose markedly compared to the previous elections. This time, the voting percentage increased to 30.9 per cent compared to 27.6 per cent five years ago.
– We are glad that these elections saw a higher voter turnout among union members compared to the previous elections. Together we are stronger, the union’s management trio states joyfully.
All in all, 869 JHL members from two electoral alliances stood for elections for the Union Council. The electoral alliances are: JHL’s social democrats and those who are politically independent, and the left wing and those who are politically independent. In addition, there were six candidates who did not represent an electoral alliance.
Nationwide, the electoral alliance of JHL’s social democrats and those who are politically independent received 70,6 per cent of the votes. The electoral alliance of the left wing and those who are politically independent received 28,8 per cent.
Union Council composition will be published on Thursday 3 March
The voting methods of JHL’s elections were electronic voting and postal voting. Out of those who voted, 49,5 per cent voted by post.
The final results and the composition of the new Union Council will be published on Thursday 3 March at 12 pm, after the union’s Central Elections Committee has had its meeting.
Trade Union JHL’s management wishes to extend a warm thanks to the voters, candidates, and everyone who made the elections possible.
Between 6 and 8 June 2022, the new Union Council will assemble in an assembly meeting where it will select a president, two chief executive officers and an Executive Committee for the union.
Read more about Union Council duties.
You may also be interested in
- Close to 900 candidates in JHL’s elections, find the most suitable one and vote in February!
- Only a few weeks to go until JHL’s elections, the candidates have now been revealed!
- This is how members reorganised JHL’s Union Council: 70 brand new representatives rose to power, large number of chief shop stewards
- Results of JHL’s elections have been confirmed