Trade Union JHL supports its members who have been invited to the Independence Day Reception with costs related to festive clothes, hairdressing and make-up. Contact us to get more detailed instructions.
On Independence Day (6 December), President of the Republic Sauli Niinistö and Mrs Jenni Haukio have a traditional Independence Day Reception in the Presidential Palace.
The Trade Union for the Public and Welfare Sectors JHL provides financial support to its members invited to the prestigious event for festive clothes, hairdressing and make-up.
– The important work done by JHL’s star professionals can be seen in all our daily lives. An invitation to the Independence Day Reception is a wonderful way of thanking and honouring people. I’m happy about all our members invited to the reception! I want all our members participating in the reception to be able to enjoy the special day without any extra cost-related stress. That’s why we want to help in covering the costs related to the festive day, JHL President Päivi Niemi-Laine comments.
This year, approximately 1,700 Finns, who are distinguished in various ways and in different fields, have been invited to the reception. The guests are a variety of people with long and illustrious careers who have been pioneers, role models and mentors in their fields.
Invitees also include skilled young innovators, frontrunners working with key success factors for the future and professionals who guarantee security in society and daily life. Particular attention has also been paid to actions that have supported children and young people. A significant number of those invited are first-time invitees this year, too.
Have you been invited to the Independence Day Reception? Here’s what to do
Were you invited to the Independence Day Reception? Let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com by 30 November 2023. You’ll get a reply message with more detailed instructions on redeeming the financial support.
Please note that the financial support doesn’t apply to Members of Parliament and others invited to the reception each year.
The Motiivi magazine will also contact you and write an article on the JHL members invited to the event. If you wish, you may get to share your feelings about Independence Day with the magazine.
You may also be interested in
- Agreement period of a good 1.5 years, raise percentage exceeding the general line – here are the brand new terms and conditions of employment for private teaching sector and vocational adult education centres
- Rewritten publication: Management and Monitoring of Work Ability and Early Support
- Nose Day is coming! Let’s support children who need help
- Have you always wanted to play in a band? Trade Union JHL’s new membership benefit includes a free trial period and discount on virtual music courses