Skip to content

What should I do if the employer insists on swapping shifts in spite of a ban on overtime and/or shift swaps?

If your employer unilaterally alters your shift roster (or wants you to extend your shift), you can demand that your employer provide a change notice/order in a verifiable format through email, a text message or a form  Työnantajan määräys työvuoron jatkamisesta (“Employer’s order on continuing the work shift”) (pdf, 70 KB).

Keep the message you received and deliver it to your shop steward or your regional office.