JHL’s student membership is free for full-time students, and you will still be entitled to the many benefits that come with being a member of our union.
Why join JHL?
- membership is completely free for students
- you will have full membership benefits
- you will have the opportunity to influence matters through your local branch
- you will receive help and support when you need it
- you will be part of an amazing team!
You can become a student member of JHL if you are studying to be employed by one of the following employers:
- the state, a municipality, a joint municipal authority or a church/parish
- an enterprise or company owned by the above
- an association or a non-profit organisation
- a company or corporation providing services for the public sector or operating in a corresponding sector
A full-time student according to JHL:
- is primarily in school during the day
- is entitled to financial aid for students
- is not an apprenticeship or a multiform-learning student
- does not have a regular day job.
If you are an apprenticeship student, join as a regular member.
If you work while studying, it is also advisable that you join an unemployment fund. As a member of an unemployment fund, you have the opportunity to build up the employment requirement. Read more about the employment requirement on JHL’s unemployment fund page (in Finnish).
After you graduate, your JHL membership will automatically continue.