Resigning from the union

You must resign in writing. You may print and fill out the notice of resignation, insert the date, sign the form and submit it to your own local branch or directly to the union.

You may also use the form if you resign from the union because of retirement. However, you may continue your membership even as a pensioner with an affordable membership fee of only 8 €/ month. Please notify the Membership Services of your retirement.

If you continue to work for the same employer after resigning from the union, please remember to notify your employer’s payroll that you wish to cancel the deduction of the union membership fee from your pay. Print and fill out the form to cancel the authorisation for deducting the membership fee (in Finnish).

The date of resignation is the date announced in advance by the member or the date of signing the notice of resignation. Please note that you cannot announce the date of resignation retroactively.

Latest update: 1/18/16

Latest Updates

3/29/17 In English » JHL Membership » Membership benefits » Publications
10/18/16 In English » JHL Membership » Unemployment fund » If you become unemployed
6/9/16 In English » JHL Membership » Join JHL
1/18/16 In English » At work » International affairs
1/18/16 In English » At work » Joint consultation
1/18/16 In English » At work » Employment issues
1/4/16 In English » JHL Membership » Membership benefits
12/21/15 In English » Participate » Participating
12/21/15 In English » At work » Occupational health and safety
12/21/15 In English » At work » Basics of working life