The local government sector

JHL negotiates collective agreements for municipalities and joint municipal authorities.

Type of contract

Your contract with a municipality or joint municipal authority may be either an employment relationship or a service relationship. Today, the most common form of contract is an employment relationship. Persons in a service relationship are those whose duties include making official decisions.

Employment or service relationship

At the beginning of your employment relationship, you will sign an employment contract if you are in an employment relationship, or receive a letter of appointment if in a service relationship. The terms of employment are determined according to what is stipulated in the collective agreements and legislation.

Collective agreements for the local government sector

General collective agreement for municipal personnel (KVTES)
Collective agreement for teachers (OVTES)
Collective agreement for physicians (LS)
Collective agreement for technical personnel (TS)
Collective agreement for municipal hourly-paid personnel (TTES)
Collective agreement for actors
Collective agreement for musicians
Icebreaker crews in ports
Joint consultation and development of working life in the municipal sector


Latest update: 1/18/16

Latest Updates

3/29/17 In English » JHL Membership » Membership benefits » Publications
10/18/16 In English » JHL Membership » Unemployment fund » If you become unemployed
6/9/16 In English » JHL Membership » Join JHL
1/18/16 In English » At work » International affairs
1/18/16 In English » At work » Joint consultation
1/18/16 In English » At work » Employment issues
1/4/16 In English » JHL Membership » Membership benefits
12/21/15 In English » Participate » Participating
12/21/15 In English » At work » Occupational health and safety
12/21/15 In English » At work » Basics of working life